Luke Hartle discusses how to set up the Ozonics unit in a tree stand. Luke goes through the step-by-step process of how to use Ozonics in the tree stand correctly. Make sure your Ozonics unit is coming into contact with your human odor and that the ozone is in the down wind stream. Doing this correctly means one of three things will happen:. 1. Your human odor will be eliminated and the animal will not smell anything. 2. The human odor will be altered to a point where it is not recognizable. 3. Your human odor will be so reduced that it allows the animal or game to stay calm thinking the odor is coming from a safe distance when in fact you are very close.
Ozonics is simple to use, but a few small things will make or break the effectiveness of your set up. Here's what you need to do to maximize your opportunities with Ozonics in a treestand:
- Turn the unit on immediately as soon as you are settled in the tree
- Once the unit is on, put it to Boost mode to maximize Ozone concentration
- Position the mounting bracket approximately 8 to 12 inches above where you will be standing or sitting for the majority of your hunt. For example, if you plan to sit for most of your hunt, be sure to place the bracket 8 to 12 inches above your seated position. If the unit is too far from your body, it will decrease the effectiveness of the scent elimination.
- Determine the direction of the wind
- Attach the HR unit to the bracket and make sure it is positioned downwind and angled downward.
- Keep your gear downwind and as close to you as possible
Following these simple steps will allow you to maximize concentration and time so you can eliminate, alter, or reduce scent so animals won't be able to sense you as a threat.